ראיון עם ליאן רביד, בוגרת התוכנית לעריכה אנגלית
A Diploma in Editing English
Course Coordinator : Dr Yitzchak Enav
The Beit Berl English Editing Programme offers students a range of theoretical and practical studies. The programme, about to enter its tenth year, includes courses and workshops on a variety of texts spanning the literary and Judaic to the academic and technical. This hands-on, practical experience prepares editors of English for competent work in their field.
The course is open to Native and Near-native speakers of English and to e graduates of Beit Berl College's English and Translation Departments. No knowledge of Hebrew is required: a welcome fact that makes the course most suitable for new immigrants anxious to equip themselves for their first work in Israel.
Prospective candidates wishing to learn more about the programme are invited to visit classes during the academic year.
The duration of the course is one academic year of some 280 academic hours of study. All classes take place on one day each week. At the core of these studies is a very solid grounding in editing English in general. The courses then focus on several varieties of texts in areas relevant to English editing in Israel.
Conditions of Acceptance
An entrance examination
A personal interview with teachers of the programme
- Attendance of at least 80% of the lessons given
- The completion of all written work on schedule.
- The completion of all final projects.
Graduates are awarded a Beit Berl Academic College, "Diploma in Editing English."
A Brief Description of the Courses
Aspects of Language: vocabulary,syntax,grammar and discourse analysis : Dr Pamela Peled
The Fundamentals of Editing English: Anita Tamari
The Literary Sources of the English language : a study of varieties of literary texts in their linguistic and cultural context : Dr Yitzchak Enav
- Editing the Technical Text: Shirley Gamaroff
- Editing the Academic Text: Anita Tamari
- Editing the Business and Marketing Text: Renee Salzman
- Editing the Journalistic Text: Carol Novis
- Editing the Judaic Text: Ilana Krauss
- Editing the Medical Text : Dr Neil Schwartz
- Editing the Legal text: Roy Engel
- Editing the Literary- Critical Text
- Creative Writing: Lia Nirgad
- Workshops in Profession Readiness : Dr Doron Narkiss and Shirley Zauer